Thursday 8 December 2011

Cocktail Idea - Babycham

Babycham Cocktails 

One of my ideas for re-marketing Babycham was to combine the drink with others, to create a more sophisticated type of alcohol. The Babycham drink is still being sold through this idea but by introducing other ingredients it causes the drink to appear less tacky - something that someone is less embarrassed to have.

By looking online I found a few already exisiting cocktails that use Babycham as one of the main ingrediants:

Stairway to Heaven Cocktail Ingredients
  •  One part Babycham
  •  One part apple juice
  •  1 shot of vodka
  •  1 shot of blackcurrant cordial


Vodka Zing Cocktail Ingredients
  • 1 measure of vodka
  • 2 measures of Babycham



Baby Blue Cocktail Ingredients
  • Shot of Blue Curacao
  • Shot of vodka
  • Top up with Babycham

WinkyPop Cocktail Ingredients
  • 1 measure of tia maria
  • 1 Measure of vodka
  • Small Bottle of Babycham
  • Top up with lemonade

Wicked Lady Cocktail Ingredients
  • 2 shots of Brandy
  • Top up with Babycham
 

I think that this idea can appeal to a young audience, as it would appeal to me. Though it could also appeal to a more mature female age range interested in cocktails. Some of the names of the Cocktails give the drink a more sophisticated impression, while the experimentation is also fun.

Development 
I experimented with the composition of what this idea would look like. I felt that by adding a lot of examples of different cocktails, my design appeared too chaotic. Perhaps the composition would look more effective if the poster showed only one cocktail, in the middle of the poster, with the text above and the Babycham bottle and logo below it. I would have to make this poster colourful and lively, to attract to my target audience - students. I decided that I would use bright colours, such as blues and oranges to give a quirky, playful effect that would work for promoting Babycham cocktails.


No comments:

Post a Comment